Apr 11, 2018
Capital controlled the game against Muskingum on Wednesday evening en route to notching a 24-3 win at the North Athletic Turf Field.
- Records: Muskingum (3-8 overall, 0-5 Ohio Athletic Conference), Capital (6-5 overall, 2-2 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Attendance: 109
Inside The Numbers
- Capital jumped out to a 5-1 lead after the first quarter and used a big 14-0 surge in the second frame to take a commanding 19-1 lead into the break.
- The Crusaders ended the outing with a 62-14 advantage in shots.
- Brennan O'Callaghan and C.J. Hughes led Capital with seven goals and three assists each.
- Muskingum was paced by senior Ian McGougan who scored two goals.
- Junior Ryan Stacey also added a goal for the Muskies.
- Sophomore Christopher Shakespeare registered six ground balls and had four caused turnovers.
- Senior keeper Phillip Dappen made 15 saves in 60 minutes of action. He also added six ground balls.
- Muskingum next hosts John Carroll for Senior Day on Saturday, April 14. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.