The mission of the Muskingum Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity and communication between the student-athletes and athletics administration, protecting student-athlete welfare, and fostering a positive student-athlete image on campus and in the New Concord community.
SAAC was developed by the Muskingum athletic department to:
- Promote communication between the Muskingum athletics administration and its student-athletes.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues, including student-athlete welfare.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the Muskingum athletics department’s formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletic teams.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus and in the community.
SAAC representatives from all of Muskingum's 21 varsity sports have dedicated themselves to helping and promoting their fellow student-athletes, Muskingum and the community. Their efforts have helped to enhance a tradition of involvement by Muskingum student-athletes.
The group, which meets monthly, is charged with discussing ongoing issues at Muskingum and around the country pertaining to intercollegiate athletics and the lives of student-athletes.
During the 2017-18 academic year, SAAC planned, organized and hosted the the 3rd Annual Golden Hook Awards, hosted a Hoops for Hunger food drive and held special promotions throughout the year at Muskingum atheltic events.
2018-19 SAAC Student Officers
2018-19 SAAC Team Representatives
Women's Soccer - Katie Bodenmiller, Rachael Waite
Men's Soccer - Donny Ingold, Drew Wise
Baseball - Ben Van Wey, Evan Hinds
Softball - Rachel Eberling, Kylie Zifer
Wrestling - Toby Warrington, Antonio Zapata
Women's Lacrosse - Amber Swartwood, Dani Crisp
Men's Lacrosse - Dylan Gambill, Luke Swartz
Women's Basketball - Hannah Carroll, Gabbi Blair
Men's Basketball - Jalen Paige, Tyler Bardall
Volleyball - Miranda Plumly, Erin Dickson
Cross Country - Reilly Walsh, Douglas McIntire
Track & Field - Emily Ellyson
Football - Cameron Near, Nehemiah Bowie
Women's Golf - Abigail Sutton, Sara Lowman
Men's Golf - Christian Taylor, Thomas Green
Men's Tennis - Levi Hall, Caleb Patton
Women's Tennis - Mackenzie Simmons, Sara Welsh