Posted: Oct 06, 2018
The Muskingum volleyball team slipped against Ohio Northern, 3-0 (23-25, 18-25, 18-25).
- Records: Muskingum (18-3 overall, 2-1 in the OAC), Ohio Northern (13-4 overall, 3-1 in the OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- Ohio Northern is ranked 17th in Division lll women's volleyball.
- The Muskies are now ranked 5th in the OAC.
How It Happened
- The Muskies battled hard in set one (23-25), two (18-25), and three (18-25), but were unable to halt the Polar Bears.
- As a team, the Muskies recorded 38 kills, 32 assists, and 70 digs.
- The Muskies were led by sophomore Brooke Fatheree who registered 14 kills, 9 digs, and 15 points.
- Senior Miranda Plumly added 8 kills, while sophomore Brynn Guist added 7.
- Sophomore Erin Dickson logged a team-best 25 assists.
- Sophomore Jessica Cottle secured a team-high 25 digs.
- Senior Jordan Youngs notched 15 digs in three sets played.
Inside The Sets
- In set one, the Polar Bears took an early lead of 11-5. A 7-5 run expanded the deficit to 18-10. After a Muskingum timeout, the momentum of the game began to change. The Muskies locked in a ferocious 12-5 run to put them behind Ohio Northern 23-22. The Muskies continued to battle but Ohio Northern secured the final point to take the set.
- The Polar Bears took control of set two early on with a score of 13-5. The Muskies chipped away at the differential but were unable to close the gap. A kill by Ohio Northern Madi Ellis locked in the 25-18 victory for the Polar Bears.
- In set three, the Muskies and Polar Bears battled neck-and-neck until Ohio Northern recorded four-points in a row to put them ahead 9-5. The Polar Bears continued to control the play and registered back-to-back points to secure the 25-18 victory.
- The Muskies next travel to Mount Union on Tuesday, October 9 at 7:00 p.m.