Posted: Mar 23, 2019
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team suffered a setback at John Carroll on Saturday afternoon, 22-0. The game marked the start of conference play for the Muskies.
- Records: Muskingum (1-8 overall, 0-1 OAC), John Carroll (5-2 overall, 1-0 OAC)
- Location: University Heights, Ohio – Don Shula Stadium
- Game Length: 1:30
- Freshmen Jacie Clifton, Sam Stafford, and Carly Spitz tallied one shot each.
- Senior Lashawnda Robinson grabbed two ground balls.
- Freshman McKenzie Fuller notched two draw controls and caused two turnovers.
- Sophomore Cieanna Jones played all sixty minutes in goal and registered a career-high 15 saves.
- Alex Heishman and Colleen Grombala guided John Carroll with four goals each.
- Kaleigh Kotula secured the win in goal for Blue Streaks. Kotula played a total of 24:08 minutes and recorded one save.
- John Carroll outshot Muskingum 34-2 in the first half to jump out to a 14-0 lead going into the break.
- The Blue Streaks controlled play throughout the remainder of the contest en route to the 22-0 victory over the Muskies.
- Muskingum next hosts Capital on Saturday, March 30. Start time is slated for 1:00 p.m.