Posted: Oct 30, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team lost to Marietta in OAC action on a wet and rainy Wednesday night, 7-1.
- Records: Muskingum (7-10-1,0-8), Marietta (8-8-1,3-4-1)
- Location: Marietta
- Attendance: 132
- Game Length: 2:18
- The Pioneers got the scoring started early in the first half off a goal from Luke Maher in the 11th minute off an assist from Caden Ferguson to make the early score, 1-0.
- Marietta would score three more in the first half and rattle in three more in the second half to make the final score, 7-1.
- The Muskies got their lone goal in the first half off an own goal from Marietta in the 38th minute.
- Leading the Muskie attack was senior Chase Michael Hillard and senior Blake Horne with three shots each.
- Junior Jordan Work and freshman Edwin Palou each added two shots for Muskingum.
- Freshman Sujit Khatiwoda and sophomore Ryan Peck also added one shot a piece for the Muskie offense.
- Junior Damon Spaeth played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and made five saves on the night.
- Leading the Marietta attack was Gavin Long with six shots and one goal.
- Jovonni Auddino had four shots and one goal for the Pioneers.
- Marietta goalkeeper Dakota Penquite played 60 minutes in goal and made two saves.
- Thomas Williams played the final 30 minutes in goal for the Pioneers and made one save.
- Marietta ended the night outshooting the Muskies, 27-12.
- The Muskies next travel to Tiffin to take on Heidelberg for OAC action in their final regular-season game of the year on Saturday, November 2. Game time is set for 1:00 p.m.