Posted: Oct 30, 2019
The Muskingum women's soccer team fell in a close OAC battle with Marietta on a rainy Wednesday night, 1-0.
- Records: Muskingum (6-12,1-7), Marietta (8-8-2,2-5-1)
- Location: New Concord
- Attendance: 150
- Game Length: 1:45
- The Pioneers got the one and only goal of the game in the second half off a shot from Chloe Williams in the 48th minute to make the final score, 1-0.
- Leading the Muskie attack was junior Alyssa Schneider with two shots.
- Junior Mary Double, sophomore Natalie Woodward, and freshman Kaitlin Dawson each added one shot for Muskingum.
- Junior Katie Bodenmiller played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and made nine saves on the night.
- Leading the Marietta attack was Chloe Williams with two shots and the lone goal.
- Callie Heft had five total shots for the Pioneers.
- Marietta goalkeeper Katie Conkle made three saves in goal.
- The Muskies look to defend home turf in their final regular-season game of the year when they take on Heidelberg for Senior Day on Saturday, November 2. Game time is set for 5:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.