Jan 26, 2019
Senior Jordan Burkholder led Muskingum at the Pete Willson-Wheaton Invitational on Friday and Saturday. Competing in the 125-pound class, Burkholder posted an impressive 5-1 mark over the two-day invite, finishing third overall.
- Senior Jordan Burkholder went 5-1 wrestling in the 125-pound weight class. He opened with a 15-0 technical fall at the 5:59 mark against Seth Hayes of Mount Union and then pinned Pacer Quire of Heidelberg at the 4:11 juncture. Burkholder went on to win by decision (5-1) against Rosendo Beltran of Defiance. He fell in the semifinals by a 3-0 decision against Carlos Fuentez of Wheaton. Burkholder ended the invite with two straight wins to capture third place. He beat Sawyer Sarbacker of Wisconsin Lacrosse 9-4 and finished with a 3-1 win against Andrew Perelka of John Carroll. Burkholder now stands at 28-1 on the season.
- Senior Toby Warrington posted a 1-2 record in the 149-pound class. In his opening match, Warrington fell against Collin Saunders of Ferrum College by a major decision (13-3). Then he defeated Jacob Hanssen of Buena Vista with a 7-4 decision. Warrington dropped his third match against Josh Paisley of Elizabethtown College by a 9-2 decision.
- Sophomore Cody Jenkins ended the invitational with a 1-2 mark in the heavyweight division. Jenkins dropped his first bout against Christian Climer of Heidelberg by fall and bounced back with a pin against Tyler Kassinger of Thomas More at the 21-second mark. Jenkins' run ended with a loss (fall at the 30-second mark) against Grant Robinson of Case Western.
- Muskingum finished 30th overall in the 38-team field with 20.5 points. Mount Union won the team title with 135 points.
- Muskingum next hosts Mount Union for Senior Night on Tuesday, February 5. Match time is slated for 7:30 p.m.