The Muskingum wrestling team registered three pins against Thomas More on Thursday evening. However, the Saints took advantage of several open weight classes to escape New Concord with a 31-24 win.
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - John Glenn Gym
- Records: Muskingum (0-6), Thomas More (6-7)
- The contest marked the home opener for the Muskies.
- Starting off for the Muskies at 125 pounds, senior Jordan Burkholder pinned Kelby Gay at the 1:18 mark. The win moved Burkholder to 19-0 on the season and marked his fifth pin for the year.
- Senior Toby Warrington, at 149 pounds, pinned Cody Roland at the 6:47 juncture. The victory was the ninth of the year for Warrington and his third fall.
- At 165 pounds for the Muskies, senior Tanner Walker won by forfeit. The win was the 14th of the season for Walker.
- Senior Antonio Zapata, competing at 285 pounds, won by a fall against Tyler Kassinger at the 2:31 mark. The triumph was the seventh of the campaign for Zapata and his fifth pin.
- Muskingum returns to action at Ohio Northern on Tuesday, January 15. Match time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
Thomas More 31, Muskingum 24
125 - Jordan Burkholder over Kelby Gay, Fall 1:18
133 - Jimmy Murphy by forfeit
141 - Gavin Foushee over Cooper Hemming, Dec. 10-3
149 - Toby Warrington over Cody Roland, Fall 6:47
157 - Garren Moody by forfeit
165 - Tanner Walker by forfeit
174 - Jimmy Traub over Carter Layton, Maj. Dec. 13-2
184 - Avery Jones by forfeit
197 - James Caniglia by forfeit
285 - Antonio Zapata over Tyler Kassinger, Fall 2:31