Feb 09, 2019
The Muskingum women's basketball team slipped at Otterbein on Saturday afternoon, 90-60.
- Records: Muskingum (1-22 overall, 0-16 OAC), Otterbein (15-8 overall, 11-5 OAC)
- Location: Westerville, Ohio – Rike Center
- Freshman Raiyah Johnson guided the team in scoring with 15 points, shooting 6-of-11 (54.5%) from the field and 3-of-3 (100.0%) at the free throw line.
- Junior Devyn Bonner generated 14 points, while sophomore Emily Yeager amassed 12.
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi collected eight rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 20-of-65 (30.8%) from the field, which included hitting 3-of-19 (15.8%) from behind the arc.
- Dani Kissel directed the Cardinals with 21 points.
- Otterbein went 34-of-72 (47.2%) from the field and 13-of-18 (72.2%) at the free throw line.
- The Cardinals had four players who registered double-digit points.
- In the first quarter, the Cardinals registered back-to-back points to jump out to an early 11-4 lead. The Muskies fought to trim the deficit, but the Cardinals could not be halted. With 1:25 remaining, Ali Cartnal cashed in a layup to expand the gap to 24-11. Otterbein took control of the contest in the second quarter with a 20-4 run en route to the victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next host Marietta on Wednesday, February 13 for their annual Pink Game. Start time is slated for 7:00 p.m.