Posted: Feb 06, 2019
The Muskingum women's basketball team suffered a loss to Wilmington on Wednesday evening, 86-77.
- Records: Muskingum (1-21 overall, 0-15 OAC), Wilmington (11-11 overall, 6-9 OAC)
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio – Fred Razik Arena
- Sophomore Emily Yeager led the team in scoring with 22 points, shooting 5-of-13 (38.5%) from the field and 9-of-9 (100.0%) at the free throw line.
- Junior Devyn Bonner chipped in 15 points, while sophomore Alivia Bates collected 12.
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi grabbed a team-best 11 rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 21-of-62 (33.9%) from the field, which included hitting 12-of-27 (44.4%) from behind the arc.
- Kennedy Lewis directed the Quakers with 25 points.
- Wilmington went 29-of-67 (43.3%) from the field and 23-of-28 (82.1%) at the free throw line.
- The Muskies and Quakers both had three players who scored double-digit points.
- In the first quarter, the Muskies and Quakers traded baskets with neither team gaining more than a two-point lead early on. With less than a minute remaining, freshman Olivia Lang drained a long ball to give Muskingum a six-point edge (23-17). In the second quarter, Wilmington answered back with a 8-0 run to slide past the Muskies with a score of 25-23. The contest remained tight until the Quakers registered seven consecutive points to increase their lead to 43-36 going into the break.
- In the third quarter, Savannah Hooper cashed in a layup to maintain the lead (47-38) for the Quakers. At the 7:33 marker, Bates drilled a three-pointer to ignite a 13-7 run for the Muskies getting them within two points of the Quakers (57-55). With less than a minute remaining, Bonner collected a free throw to tie up play at 58-58. In the fourth quarter, the Quakers came out hot and fired in back-to-back points to shoot past the Muskies with a score of 68-58. Muskingum fought to trim the deficit, but the Quakers were able to fend them off. With less than a minute remaining, Mackenzie Cambell collected a pair of free throws to lock in the 86-77 victory for Wilmington
- The Muskies next travel to Westerville, Ohio to battle the Otterbein Cardinals on Saturday, February 9. Start time is slated for 3:00 p.m.