Posted: Jan 26, 2019
The Muskingum women's basketball team suffered a loss to Baldwin Wallace on Saturday, 80-66.
- Records: Muskingum (1-18 overall, 0-12 OAC), Baldwin Wallace (14-5 overall, 8-4 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
- Junior Devyn Bonner carried the Muskies with a career-high 23 points, shooting 9-of-18 (50%) from the field and 5-of-6 (83.3%) at the free-throw line. She also secured a team-best eight rebounds.
- Sophomore Emily Yeager grabbed 12 points, while sophomore Sam Filiaggi notched 11.
- Sophomore Alivia Bates amassed two steals.
- The Muskies had three players who recorded double-digit points.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 22-of-59 (37.3%) from the field, which included hitting just 5-of-16 (31.3%) from behind-the-arc.
- Riley Schill fueled the Yellow Jackets with 24 points, while Lily Edwards chipped in 23.
- Baldwin Wallace ended the contest shooting 25-of-53 (47.2%) in the field and 0-of-14 from behind-the-arc (0%).
- In the first quarter, the Muskies and Yellow Jackets traded baskets with neither team gaining more than a two-point lead early on. At the 4:58 juncture, Rachel Womeldorf drilled a layup to give Baldwin Wallace a 10-6 advantage over the Muskies. Muskingum freshman Raiyah Johnson answered back with a pair of free throws to trim the deficit 12-11. The contest remained tight in the second quarter until the Yellow Jackets tallied a 9-4 run to widen the gap 35-25. Baldwin Wallace managed to stay in front of the Muskies during the final minutes of the quarter and went into the intermission with a six-point lead (47-41).
- The Yellow Jackets took control of the outing in the third quarter when Kasey Hughes uncorked a layup to ignite a 17-9 run en route to the 80-66 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next travel to Alliance, Ohio to battle the Mount Union Purple Raiders on Wednesday, January 30. Start time is slated for 7:00 p.m.