Jan 18, 2019
The Muskingum women's basketball team slipped at John Carroll on Friday evening, 83-57.
- Records: Muskingum (1-16 overall, 0-10 in the OAC), John Carroll (12-5 overall, 8-2 in the OAC)
- Location: University Heights, Ohio - Tony DeCarlo Varsity Center
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi led the team in scoring with nine points. She also grabbed eight rebounds.
- Junior Devyn Bonner and freshman Erica Hyre added eight points each.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 15-of-57 (26.3%) from the field, which included hitting 5-of-19 (26.3%) from behind the arc.
- Nicole Heffington directed the Blue Streaks with 19 points.
- The Blue Streaks had four players who recorded double-digit points.
- John Carroll went 27-of-56 (48.2%) from the field and 11-of-23 (47.8%) at the free throw line.
- The Blue Streaks jumped out to an early 12-0 lead within the first three minutes of the contest. The Muskies fought to trim the deficit but John Carroll could not be halted. The Blue Streaks took control of the outing with a 21-12 surge to take a 44-28 lead at the intermission en route to the 83-57 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next host Capital on Wednesday, January 23. Start time is slated for 7:00 p.m.