Posted: Jan 16, 2019
The Wilmington Quakers used a 31-13 bench point advantage to shoot past the Muskingum University women's basketball team, 73-60.
- Records: Muskingum (1-15 overall, 0-9 in the OAC), Wilmington (8-8 overall, 3-6 in the OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele
- Sophomore Emily Yeager directed the Muskies with 18 points, shooting 7-of-19 from the field (36.8%) and 3-of-9 (33.3%) from behind the arc.
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi cashed in 11 points, while junior Devyn Bonner grabbed nine.
- Sophomore Alivia Bates collected 12 rebounds.
- Freshman Erica Hyre secured three steals.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 22-of-72 (30.6%) from the field, which included hitting just 8-of-29 (27.6%) from behind the arc.
- McKayla Binkley guided the Quakers with 18 points.
- The Quakers had three players who recorded double-digit points.
- Wilmington ended the contest shooting 28-of-63 (44.4%) in the field and 9-of-13 (69.2%) from the free-throw line.
- In the first quarter, the Quakers registered back-to-back points to jump out to an early 9-2 lead. Wilmington used a 15-8 run to expand the gap 24-10 going into the second quarter. At the 6:05 marker, Hyre sank a three-pointer to slow down Wilmington's momentum. Two minutes later, Bonner cashed in a layup to get the Muskies within five-points of the Quakers (25-20). Muskingum chipped away at the differential but Wilmington was able to fend them off. The score read 31-24 going into the half.
- In the third quarter, Faith Teaford buried a three-pointer to maintain the lead 36-26 for the Quakers. With 6:34 on the clock, sophomore Camay Baylock unleashed a layup to trim the deficit 36-30. Wilmington led the Muskies 52-38 going into the fourth quarter. The Quakers took control of the outing in the fourth quarter en route to the 73-60 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next travel to University Heights, Ohio on Friday, January 18 to battle the John Carroll Blue Streaks. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.