Posted: Dec 29, 2018
The Muskingum women's basketball team slipped at Marietta on Saturday, 100-61.
- Records: Muskingum (1-11 overall, 0-5 in the OAC), Marietta (8-3 overall, 3-1 in the OAC)
- Location: Marietta, Ohio – Ban Johnson Arena
Inside the Numbers
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi paced the Muskies with a career-best 17 points, shooting 6-of-13 (46.2%) from the field and 3-of-6 (50%) at the free-throw line.
- Sophomore Alivia Bates added 13 points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Sophomore Kacie Leppla notched five rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 22-of-60 (36.7%) from the field, which included hitting 6-of-17 (35.3%) from behind the arc.
- Alexis Enochs guided the Pioneers with 19 points, while Corrie Burkhardt generated 15.
- The Pioneers had five players who registered double-digit points.
- Marietta ended the contest shooting 37-of-73 (50.7%) in the field and 11-of-16 (68.8%) from the free-throw line.
- The Pioneers jumped out to an early 12-6 lead within the first five minutes of the contest. Jill Congrove drained a three-pointer to expand the gap 20-13. In the second quarter, the Muskies fought to trim the deficit but the Pioneers could not be halted. Marietta took control of the outing with a 26-12 surge to take a 46-25 lead at the intermission.
- The Muskies next travel to Ada, Ohio to take on the Ohio Northern Polar Bears on Saturday, January 5. Start time is slated for 3:00 p.m.