Dec 08, 2018
The Muskingum women's basketball team fell short to the John Carroll Blue Streaks on Saturday, 73-58.
- Records: Muskingum (1-8 overall, 0-3 in the OAC), John Carroll (5-3 overall, 2-1 in the OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
Inside the Numbers
- Junior Devyn Bonner carried the Muskies with a double-double. Bonner secured 17 points and grabbed 11 rebounds.
- Sophomore Emily Yeager added 15 points.
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi recorded 11 rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 24-of-67 (35.8%) from the field, which included hitting just 3-of-17 (17.6%) from behind the arc.
- Dani Carlson led the Blue Streaks with 16 points.
- John Carroll had four players who collected double-digit points.
- John Carroll ended the contest shooting 27-of-67 (40.3%) in the field and 11-of-17 (64.7%) from the free throw line.
- Within the first five minutes of the contest, the Blue Streaks jumped out to an early 10-2 lead and remained ahead for the entire game. The Muskies sliced away at the deficit but John Carroll could not be tamed. The score read 21-12 going into the second quarter. Muskingum locked in back-to-back points to trim the advantage 23-27. The Blue Streaks tallied an 11-6 run to uphold the lead with a score of 38-29 going into the half.
- In the third quarter, the Muskies came out hot and locked in an 11-7 run to lessen the gap 40-45. At the five-second marker, a free throw collected by Leslie Aguilar kept the Blue Streaks ahead 56-51. In the fourth quarter, John Carroll picked up momentum, registering four unanswered field goals to expand their lead 66-51. Muskingum fought back, but John Carroll could not be halted. A free throw by Aguilar locked in the 73-58 victory for the Blue Streaks.
- The Muskies next host Otterbein on Saturday, December 15. Start time is slated for 3:00 p.m.