Posted: Nov 17, 2018
The Manchester Spartans shot past the Muskingum University women's basketball team 57-38 at the 2018 Main View Tip-Off Tournament. Sophomore Emily Yeager was on the Manchester University Main View All-Tournament Team.
- Records: Muskingum (0-3 overall), Manchester (1-2 overall)
- Location: North Manchester, Indiana – The PERC
Inside the Numbers
- Junior Devyn Bonner directed the Muskies with a double-double, recording 10 points and securing 10 rebounds.
- Yeager added nine points, while sophomore Sam Filiaggi logged seven.
- Sophomore Camay Baylock notched seven rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 14-of-62 (22.6%) from the field, which included hitting just 2-of-15 (13.3%) from behind the arc.
- Beth Schaefer led the Spartans with 10 points.
- Manchester ended the contest shooting 19-of-55 (34.5%) in the field and 17-of-26 (65.4%) from the free throw line.
- The Muskies jumped out to an early 10-3 lead within the first five minutes of the contest. The Spartans fought to trim the deficit, but the Muskies secured back-to-back points to put them ahead 15-11 going into the second quarter. With 7:39 on the clock, the Spartans locked in a three-pointer to slide past the Muskies with a score of 16-15. The contest remained tight, until Manchester tallied an 8-0 run to take the lead 29-22 going into the half.
- The Spartans took control of the outing in the third quarter with a 16-4 surge en route to claiming the victory.
- The Muskies next travel to Gambier, Ohio on Tuesday, November 20 to battle the Kenyon Ladies. Game time is slated for 6:00 p.m.