Nov 16, 2018
The Muskingum women's basketball team fell short 76-68 in a hard-fought battle against the Albion Britons on Friday evening.
- Records: Muskingum (0-2 overall), Albion (2-0 overall)
- Location: North Manchester, Indiana – The PERC
Inside the Numbers
- Sophomore Emily Yeager led the Muskies shooting 11-of-25 (44%) in the field and 2-of-2 (100%) at the free throw line, finishing the game with a career-best 26 points.
- Sophomores Sam Filiaggi and Gabbi Blair recorded seven rebounds each.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 26-of-68 (41.2%) from the field, which included hitting just 4-of-20 (20%) from behind the arc.
- Emily Bernas led the Britons with 28 points.
- The Britons had three players who recorded double digit points.
- Albion ended the contest shooting 26-of-70 (37.1%) in the field and 19-of-21 (90.5%) from the free throw line.
- In the first quarter the Muskies and Britons fought neck and neck with neither team claiming more than a four-point lead early on. Muskingum secured back-to-back points to slide past Albion with a score of 20-11. Early in the second quarter, the Muskies continued to control the play and a layup by Mckenzie Fuller widened the gap 30-20 for the Muskies. The Britons chipped away at the differential but the Muskies were able to fend them off. The score read 36-31 at the half.
- Early into the third quarter, the Britons locked in five-points in a row to tie up play 36-36. The Muskies and Britons battled side by side until Albion registered a 12-1 run to put them ahead 60-47 going into the fourth quarter. The Muskies outshot the Britons 21-16 in the fourth quarter. Despite the final frame, the Muskingum never got closer than eight points.
- The Muskies next take on the Manchester University Spartans on Saturday, November 17 at 1:00 p.m. in their second game of the 2018 Main View Tip-Off Tournament.