Nov 29, 2016
Hiram sank the Muskingum women's basketball team at the free throw line Tuesday evening shooting 24-for-29 (.828) en route to the 71-63 victory at the Anne C. Steele Center.
- Records: Muskingum (1-2 overall), Hiram (5-1 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- Senior Mallory Taylor led the Muskies with a team-high 14 points. She also added eight rebounds and three assists.
- Junior Hallie Stocker and sophomore Dana Parkman both recorded nine points for the Muskies.
- Junior Alexandra Carson dished out a game-high four assists and chipped in eight points.
- Muskingum finished the contest shooting 23-for-58 (.397) from the field and 9-for-28 (.321) from three-point land.
- Mercedes Jones led Hiram with a game-high 25 points and six rebounds.
- Kayla Yost and Allison Vannoy both added 12 points each.
- Hiram shot 24-for-29 (.828) from the free throw line and 22-for-48 (.458) from the field.
Inside the Numbers
- Hiram opened the contest with a 7-0 run capped off by a layup from Jones at the 7:11 mark.
- At the end of the first period, the Terriers led 17-10.
- In the second period, Muskingum began to chip away at the Hiram lead as they knotted the score at 29-29 following a three-pointer by freshman Shelby Moses with 3:39 to play.
- Muskingum entered halftime trailing 34-32.
- In the third period, the Muskies took its first lead of the contest 36-34 on a Stocker layup with 8:23 to play.
- Hiram used a 6-0 run late in the period to claim the lead for good 45-44.
- The Terriers out scored Muskingum 24-17 in the final period to claim the victory.
- Muskingum returns to action Saturday as they open Ohio Athletic Conference play at John Carroll. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:00 PM.