Posted: Oct 17, 2018
The Muskingum men's soccer team fell at Capital on Wednesday evening, 7-1.
- Records: Muskingum (5-10 overall, 0-6 OAC), Capital (11-3, 5-1 OAC)
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Attendance: 239
- Game Duration: 2:03
How It Happened
- Capital jumped to an early lead thanks to Chewy Gordon's goal in the 17th minute. Two minutes later, he followed this up with another score. Gordon notched his third goal in the 22nd minute to give the Crusaders a 3-0 advantage.
- Senior Mitchell Corey answered for the Muskies with a goal in the 23rd minute.
- Muskingum was outshot 18-1 in the first half.
- The Crusaders continued to control the game in the second half when Luke Morais scored a goal in the 46th minute, making it 4-1.
- Shane Niemeier added to the Capital lead three minutes later.
- Tyler Wujczyk capped off the Crusader's offensive with goals in the 66th and 71st minutes, securing a 7-1 edge.
- Sophomore keeper William Chase Bradshaw played 45 minutes in frame and made two saves while allowing three goals. Senior goalie Josh Routte competed for the entire second half, making three saves and allowing four goals.
- Logan Wiedman received the win in goal for Capital, making one save.
- Muskingum next travels to Otterbein on Saturday, October 20. Game time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.