Mar 23, 2019
The Muskingum men's lacrosse team fell in its OAC opener against John Carroll on Saturday afternoon, 29-2.
- Records: Muskingum (3-4 overall, 0-1 OAC), John Carroll (5-3 overall, 1-0 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Game Length: 2:00
- Sophomore Josh Fletcher guided the Muskies' offense with one goal and one assist.
- Junior Nick Klinefelter tallied one goal on two shots.
- Freshman Brandon Farley played 25:15 minutes in frame for the Muskies. Farley saved five shots and allowed 17 goals.
- John Carroll ended the outing with a 66-6 advantage in shots.
- Logan Collins led the Blue Streaks with five goals and three assists.
- Jacob Betz played 39:10 minutes in goal and made two saves and allowed one goal.
- John Carroll came out firing in the first quarter, scoring 11 unanswered goals.
- Klinefelter put the Muskies on the board with 35 seconds left in the quarter when he ripped a shot into the goal.
- In the second quarter, the Blue Streaks notched seven goals to take a 19-1 lead at the break.
- John Carroll continued to control play in the third quarter, tallying six goals.
- Fletcher cashed in the Muskies' second goal with 12:19 left in the fourth quarter.
- Muskingum next travels to Earlham on Wednesday, March 27. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.