Top-seed Capital rode a fast start to end Muskingum's season on Tuesday night in the opening round of the Ohio Athletic Conference Tournament, 79-60.
- Records: Muskingum (8-18 overall), Capital (20-6 overall)
- Location: Bexley, Ohio - Capital Center
- Freshman Trey Singleton led the Muskies in scoring with 18 points, shooting 50% from the field (6-of-12).
- Senior Devon Peart cashed in 12 points and dished out two assists.
- Sophomore Tyler Bardall tallied seven points and four rebounds.
- Senior Jayson Peoples added six points.
- As a team, the Muskies went 20-for-62 (32.3%) from the field and 8-for-29 from the arc (27.6%).
- Austin Schreck guided the Crusaders in scoring with 23 points, while Caleb Cox put up 22 points.
- Capital made 50.9% of their shots (28-for-55), went 7-for-21 from the arc (33.3%), and ended the contest shooting 16-for-20 from the free-throw line (80.0%).
- Capital started hot and jumped out to an early 11-point lead (15-4) after Schreck knocked down a free throw with 16:07 on the clock. Singleton answered for the Muskies when he sank a jumper to ignite an 8-3 spurt, making it 18-12 at the 13:36 mark. Capital responded to the Muskie surge and extended their lead back to double-digits with a 27-15 run to close out the half with a 47-27 cushion.
The Crusaders opened the second half with a powerful 11-2 burst, pushing their advantage to 29 points (56-27). The Muskies battled their way back to within 14 points thanks to a basket from Peart at the 7:23 juncture. Despite the Muskie hard-fought effort, Capital was able to secure the double-digit win.