- Records: Muskingum (5-5 overall, 1-4 OAC), Waynesburg (3-8)
- Location: Waynesburg, Pa.
- Muskingum connected on 19 three-point shots - just two short of the school record of 21 set against Heidelberg during the 2005-06 season.
- Senior Devon Peart led the Muskies with 19 points and four rebounds.
- Senior Jalen Paige scored 15 points, shooting 5-for-6 (83.3%) from the arc, and dished out four assists.
- Sophomore Tyler Bardall notched 12 points.
- Senior Jayson Peoples and freshman MJ Smith each added 10 points.
- As a team, the Muskies went 33-for-55 (60.0%) from the field and 19-for-34 from the arc (55.9%).
- Nate Gearhart and Shane Johnson guided Waynesburg's offense with 15 points each.
- Waynesburg made 42.6% of their shots (23-for-54), went 5-for-19 from the arc (26.3%), and ended the contest shooting 20-for-25 from the free-throw line (80.0%).
- The teams went back-and-forth during the opening minutes of play with neither squad leading by more than five points. Then, senior Brandon Keyes finessed a layup at the 14:24 juncture to put the Muskies in front (14-7). Waynesburg answered with a 7-0 burst after Shane Johnson fired up a shot with 12:46 left in the half, tying it at 14. Over the next seven minutes, Muskingum outscored the Yellow Jackets (24-11), giving them a 13-point advantage (38-25). The Muskies stayed in front through the last five minutes of the half and entered the break with a 15-point cushion (50-35).
In the first five minutes of the second half, Waynesburg narrowly outscored Muskingum (16-14). Junior Cameron Miller re-energized the Muskies when he hit a jumper to spark an 11-6 run, putting them up (75-57) with 8:34 on the clock. Muskingum continued to control the game as Peart knocked down two foul-shots at the 4:22 mark to finalize a 14-5 spurt, making it 90-65. The Muskies went on to win the contest, 96-71.
Muskingum next takes on Lynchburg at the Guilford College Classic on Saturday, December 29. Game time is slated for 2:00 p.m.