Feb 13, 2016
Ohio Northern handed Muskingum an Ohio Athletic Conference home Senior Day loss on a cold Saturday afternoon, 85-74.
- Records: Muskingum (5-17 overall, 2-13 OAC), Ohio Northern (11-12 overall, 8-8 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Muskingum Recreation Center
- Prior to the game, Muskingum recognized senior Cody Seiler. Seiler, a four-year letterwinner, has scored 712 points, grabbed 408 rebound, registered 60 steals and recorded 48 blocks.
Inside The Numbers
- Muskingum was led by junior Rickey Wilson who erupted for a team-high 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting.
- Freshman Jalen Paige added 11 points, five rebounds, two assists, and one steal.
- Junior Joshua Glass had 10 points and three rebounds.
- Junior Robbie Hisey grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds and scored six points.
- Muskingum ended the outing shooting .343 (23-of-67) from the floor.
- Ohio Northern was paced by Aron Thress' 22-point, 15-rebound effort.
- Konnor Baker added 14 points for the Polar Bears.
- Ohio Northern ended the contest shooting .475 (28-of-59) from the field.
- At the half, Ohio Northern led 37-34.
- In the second half, ONU used a key 10-2 run over a two-minute span to break the fourth tie of the game and grab the lead for good at 59-51 with 11:02 to play.
- The Muskies trimmed their deficit to 60-59 on a Glass basket with 8:22 on the clock, but Ohio Northern responded with five straight points to halt the Muskie momentum.
- Muskingum is currently tied for ninth place in the OAC with Otterbein. The Muskies and Cardinals trail Wilmington by one game. The top eight teams at the end of the OAC regular season advance to the OAC Tournament.
- Muskingum next hosts Mount Union on Monday, February 15. Game time is slated for 7:30 p.m. and will feature Live Stats, Audio and Video on fightingmuskies.com.