Posted: Apr 11, 2019
The Muskingum baseball team scored three runs in the bottom of the seventh to rally past Ohio Wesleyan on Thursday afternoon at Mose Morehead Field, 4-3.
- Records: Muskingum (9-16 overall), Ohio Wesleyan (9-14 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Mose Morehead Field
- Muskingum scored four runs on five hits and notched three walks.
- Senior Ben Van Wey, senior Michael Pagano, freshman Chayce Lundell, and senior Marc Ibarra all registered an RBI.
- Sophomore Matt Stewart and freshman Sam Pinckert each went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Pagano fired the final three innings of the contest and allowed just one hit with three strikeouts to record his first career win.
- The Muskie pitching rotation featured freshman Jake Norris (2IP), freshman Craig Nixon (2IP), freshman Parker Brown (1.1IP), sophomore Will Maier (0.2IP), and Pagano (3IP).
- Luigi Russo led the Batting Bishops going 1-for-3 with an RBI and run scored. Ohio Wesleyan ended the outing with three runs on four hits.
- Mitchell Johnson, Davis Graham, and Canyon McWilliams all logged a hit.
- Linden Hoover took the loss after allowing three runs on one hit in one inning of work.
- Ohio Wesleyan grabbed an early 1-0 lead in the first inning when Johnson scored from third on a wild pitch.
- Muskingum tied the game in the bottom of the fourth on Ibarra's two out RBI single to score Stewart from third.
- The Battling Bishops reclaimed the lead with two runs on one hit in the fifth inning.
- Muskingum rallied with three runs on one hit in the seventh to take the lead for good. The Muskies took advantage of some Ohio Wesleyan pitching struggles in the frame that resulted in three batters being hit, two batters being walked, and one wild pitch. Lundell recorded the game-winning RBI after being hit with the bases loaded.
- The Muskies next play at Baldwin Wallace on Saturday, April 13. First pitch of the scheduled twinbill is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.