Posted: Sep 13, 2019
The Muskingum women's soccer team fell short in a close battle losing to La Roche Friday afternoon, 3-2.
- Records: Muskingum (1-4), La Roche (3-2)
- Location: New Concord
- Attendance: 105
- Game Length: 2:00
- The Muskies got the scoring started early in the first half from senior Emily Ellyson on her first goal of the season from just outside the penalty box in 10th minute making it, 1-0. The goal was assisted by sophomore Natalie Woodward.
- La Roche tied the game just a few minutes after with a goal from Alondra Gonzalez off an assist from Kaylyn Cannon in the 16th minute making it, 1-1.
- The Redhawks took the lead in the 30th minute off a goal from Allesandra Perri making the score, 2-1.
- Perri added her second goal for the Redhawks just before halftime in the 43rd minute with an assist from Simone Glenn taking the lead into the half, 3-1.
- Junior Mary Double brought the Muskies within one with a goal in the 55th minute off an assist from Woodward to make it, 3-2.
- Double led the Muskie attack with five shots, four shots on goal, and one goal.
- Woodward added three shots and ended the contest with two assists.
- Sophomore Britney Golden had two shots and one on goal for the Muskies.
- Ellyson had one shot with one goal.
- Freshman Meghan Carpenter also had one shot and one shot on goal for Muskingum.
- Junior Katie Bodenmiller played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies making a season-high 13 saves on the day.
- Perri led the La Roche attack with five shots, five shots on goal, and two goals.
- Ashley Mineard led La Roche with six shots and six shots on goal.
- Alondra Gonzalez had three shots and one goal for the Redhawks.
- Rylee Pucci added two shots and two shots on goal.
- Hanna Csoman played the first half in net for the Redhawks making three saves.
- Isabelle Orange played in goal for La Roche in the second half also making three saves.
- La Roche ended the day outshooting the Muskies, 19-13.
- The Muskingum women's soccer team look to defend home turf against Bethany on Tuesday, September 17. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.