Posted: Mar 20, 2019
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team suffered a loss to the Thiel College Tomcats on Wednesday, 17-4.
- Records: Muskingum (1-7 overall), Thiel (5-2 overall)
- Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania - Rissell-Schreyer Dome
- Game Length: 1:25
- Junior Dani Crisp guided the Muskies with three goals and a team-best seven shots.
- Sophomore Courtney Hines chipped in one goal.
- Freshman Carly Spitz registered a team-best four draw controls.
- Sophomore Hannah Bailey secured two caused turnovers.
- Muskingum ended the contest with 16 shots.
- Sophomore Cieanna Jones played all 60 minutes in frame and notched a career-high 14 saves.
- Thiel ended the game with 42 shots.
- Mackenzie Quinn and Paige Schrer led the Tomcats with four goals each.
- Thiel tallied back-to-back goals to jump out to an early 2-0 lead in the first six-minutes of play.
- Crisp retaliated with a goal at the 23:34 marker to get the Muskies within one point of the Tomcats.
- Thiel grabbed control of the contest in the final ten minutes of the first half.
- The Tomcats took a 13-1 lead going into the break.
- Crisp secured two goals in the second half to trim the deficit, but Thiel could not be halted.
- Hines scored the final goal of the game with 1:01 on the clock to complete the scoring.
- Muskingum next plays at John Carroll on Saturday, March 23 at 1:00 p.m. The contest marks the start of conference play for the Muskies.