Posted: Apr 21, 2018
The Muskingum men's track and field team placed fifth at the Don Frail Invitational hosted by Marietta College on Saturday.
- Location: Marietta, Ohio – Don Drumm Stadium
- Results: Muskingum finished fifth in the 14 team field with 57.5 points. Mount Union won the event with 163.5 points.
- Senior Blake Weidner led the Muskies as he tied for first in the high jump with a height of 1.95 meters (6'4.75"). He also finished third in the long jump with a leap of 6.58 meters (21'7.25").
- Freshman Robert Reicher finished first in the hammer with a throw of 48.48 meters (159' 1").
- In the javelin, senior Nick Despot placed second with a throw of 49.50 meters (162' 5").
- Senior Jeffrey Burkholder captured third place in the shot put with a pitch of 15.58 meters (51'1.5").
- Junior Andrew Murray finished fourth in the 3000-meter run with a time of 10:10.93.
- Reicher tied for fourth place in the shot put with a toss of 15.10 meters (49'6.5").
- Junior Jordan Wallace claimed sixth place in the high jump with a height of 1.85 meters (6'0.75").
- In the discus, junior Floyd Wade placed sixth with a throw of 39.85 meters (130'9"), while Burkholder took seventh with a toss of 39.77 meters (130'6").
- The 4x100-meter relay team of senior Devan Boyer, freshman Christopher McKinney, senior Derek Stover, and freshman Nicholas Fulton took seventh place with a time of 46.87.
- Muskingum returns to action Friday, April 27-Saturday, April 28 as they compete at the Ohio Athletic Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships hosted by Ohio Northern.