The Muskingum men's outdoor track and field team captured first place at the Muskingum Invitational, while numerous Muskies received first and second place finishes, on Saturday with a total of 62 points.
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Johnson Family Track
- Muskingum also hosted the All-Ohio Multi Championships
In the Field
- Senior Blake Weidner led the Muskies finishing first in the long jump with a leap of 6.70 meters, while also tying for first place with junior Jordan Wallace in the high jump with a height of 1.83 meters.
- Freshman Nicholas Fulton captured first in the pole vault clearing a height of 3.65 meters.
- In the javelin throw, senior Nick Despot registered first with a pitch of 47.75 meters, followed by freshman Kevin Dreyer placing second (39.80 meters), and sophomore Gino Carey taking third (38.55 meters).
- Freshman Robert Reicher claimed second place in the hammer throw with a toss of 46.48 meters.
- Senior Darrell Briggs finished third in the long jump with a leap of 5.83 meters, while freshman Christopher McKinney took fourth (5.70 meters).
- Senior Jeffrey Burkholder placed third place in the discus throw with a pitch of 42.51 meters, while Reicher took fourth (40.53 meters).
- Burkholder also claimed a fourth place finish in the shot put with a toss of 14.61 meters.
On the Track
- McKinney captured first in the 200-meter dash with a time of 25.89, while taking second in the 100-meter dash (12.06).
- In the 1,500-meter run, sophomore Doug McIntire registered first place with a time of 4:27.56, followed by freshman John Franz placing second (4:36.41), and junior Andrew Murray taking fourth (4:41.74).
- Sophomore Logan Skolosh notched second place in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:04.34, followed by freshman Logan Osborne who finished third with a time of 2:09.34.
- Freshman Chris French claimed third place in the 100-meter dash with a time of 12.53.
John Homon Open
- On Friday at Mount Union, Despot finished fourth, while Dreyer placed fifth in the javelin with a throw of 51.61 meters and 50.24 meters, respectively.
- Muskingum returns to action Saturday, April 11 at the All-Ohio Championships hosted by Ohio Wesleyan.