Posted: Oct 26, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team suffered a loss during a constant rain on Senior Day falling to Otterbein on Saturday afternoon, 8-1.
- Records: Muskingum (7-9-1,0-7), Otterbein (11-5,5-2)
- Location: New Concord
- Attendance: 150
- Game Length: 2:00
- Prior to the start of the game, the five men's soccer seniors were honored with their families. Senior forward Don Ingold, senior defender Colton Wilson, senior forward Chase Michael Hillard, senior captain midfielder Blake Horne, and senior Drew Wise were all recognized.
- The Cardinals got the scoring started early in the first half off a goal from Liam Heard off an assist from Pau Piang in the 13th minute to make the score, 1-0.
- The scoring wouldn't stop as Otterbein put three more on the board in the first half and five more in the second.
- The Muskie goal was scored by freshman Thomas Rooney in the final seconds of the game to make the final score, 8-1.
- Leading the Muskie attack was Rooney with one shot and one goal.
- Hillard, Wise, junior Jordan Work, and freshman Edwin Palou each added one shot for Muskingum.
- Junior William Chase Bradshaw played all 90 minutes in the frame and made five saves on the night.
- Leading the Cardinal attack was Liam Heard with three shots and two goals.
- Otterbein goalkeeper Collin Hoffman played 45 minutes in goal and made one save.
- Goalkeeper Andrew McIlvoy of the Cardinals played the final 45 minutes in goal and made two saves.
- The Muskies next hit the road as they travel to take on Marietta in OAC action on Wednesday, October 30. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. at Marietta Field.