Sep 04, 2016
The Muskingum men's soccer team netted three goals in the first half to claim the 3-2 home-opening victory over Adrian Sunday afternoon.
- Records: Muskingum (1-1 overall), Adrian (1-1 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Muskie Field
How it Happened
- Senior Nick Koch scored the first goal of the contest after playing a deflected ball inside the penalty box. The strike was the first of the season for Koch.
- Muskingum sophomore Alex Furst delivered the second goal of the contest as he one touched a pass from senior Gage Toy that beat the keeper to the near post.
- Junior Trent Newby tallied the game-winning goal in the 39th minute as he capitalized on an Adrian miscue. The goal was Newby's second of the season.
- Despite being out shot 25-5, the Fighting Muskies were able to sustain the Bulldog attack.
- Mike Osorio and Dolan Bonkowskie led the way for Adrian scoring one goal each.
Between the Pipes
- Sophomore Gabriel Kral led the defense making nine saves through 90 minutes of work in frame.
- Spencer Brown played all 90 minutes for the Bulldogs.
- Muskingum next host Waynesburg on Wednesday, September 7. Game time is slated for 4:00 p.m. at Muskie Field.