The Muskingum volleyball team will host the fifth seed Heidelberg in the opening round of the Ohio Athletic Conference Tournament on Tuesday, October 31 at 7:00 p.m. for a BLACKOUT. All Muskie fans are encouraged to wear black to the game to BLACKOUT the Berg! The winner of the contest will advance to the OAC Final Four on Thursday, November 2 and play the winner between #1 Otterbein and #8 John Carroll.
Cost of Admission for Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals:
- $8 for adults, $6 for seniors (62), $3 for non-OAC students
- OAC students are admitted free of charge with valid ID
- OAC 2017-18 passes are not valid for the tournament
- OAC Lifetime passes will be honored
Match 1: Muskingum vs Heidelberg – 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video at fightingmuskies.com).
Records: Muskingum 20-5 overall, 6-3 OAC, Heidelberg 16-11 overall, 6-3 OAC.
Earlier this season
- Muskingum beat Heidelberg for the first time since 2006 in four sets (25-17, 27-25, 18-25, 25-16) in Tiffin, Ohio.
- Taylour Fatheree and Chloe Brandewie paced the offense with 14 kills each.
- The team dominated defensively, as they recorded a season-best 96 digs.
- Offensively, the team notched a season-best 55 assists and tied a season-best 60 kills.
- The Muskies are now 33-24 all-time against the Berg.
- The Muskies were victorious on Saturday afternoon as they hosted a Tri-Match that featured OAC foe John Carroll and non-conference opponent Denison. MU defeated John Carroll in straight sets, 3-0 (25-16, 25-10, 25-9) and Denison in four sets (25-20, 23-25, 25-22, 25-14). Senior Taylour Fatheree led the net attack with 24 kills and pounded in a team-best nine total blocks. Brandewie chipped in 21 kills and eight total blocks and Erin Dickson tossed in 45 assists and 22 digs.
- Muskingum has tallied 15 straight set wins this season and are 5-2 when going into four-sets.
- Brooke Fatheree ranks first on the team in kills (289), kills-per-set (3.48), and service aces (31), while she finished the regular season ranked ninth, fourth, and fourth, respectively, in the OAC. She has also logged in 289 digs.
- Defensive specialist Courtney Nestoff finished the regular season in the OAC ranked ninth in digs with 380 and sixth in digs-per-set (4.58), while she is first on the team in both categories.
- Jordan Youngs chipped in 203 digs (2.86 digs-per-set) for the Muskies this season.
- Brandewie finished the regular season with the fifth best hitting percentage in the conference at .306 as well as placing ninth in total blocks with 70. She capped off the regular season with 186 kills (2.27 kills-per-set), 61 digs, and 15 assists.
- Setter Erin Dickson averaged 8.83 assists-per-set and gathered 733 total assists during the regular season, which placed her sixth in both categories in the conference and first on the team.
- T. Fatheree finished the regular season sixth in the conference in total blocks (76). She captured a total of 216 kills (2.57 kills-per-set), 37 digs, and registered a .272 hitting percentage.
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies finished third in the OAC in digs-per-set (18.54), fifth in kills-per-set (12.88), hitting percentage (.212), and total blocks (171) during the regular season.
- On Saturday, Heidelberg won in straight sets, 3-0 (25-14, 25-12, 25-17) at Wilmington to increase its winning streak to six in a row. During that six-game streak, five of those were won in straight sets.
- The Student Princes finished 16-11 overall and 6-3 in the OAC.
- Heidelberg is 6-4 when going into four-sets.
- Junior outside hitter Morgan Strenk led the team in kills with 297 and kills-per-set averaging 3.26. She ended the regular season ranked tied for sixth in kills and sixth in kills-per-set.
- Outside hitter's Taylor Valentine and Rachel Stroski notched 245 and 223 kills, respectively, for the Student Princes this season.
- Setter Anna McNabb is first on her team and finished first in the conference in assists-per-set and third in assists (11.28, 993 total assists) during the regular season.
- Defensive specialist Rachel Raimondo ranks first on the team and ended the regular season first in the OAC in digs (541) and digs-per-set (5.69).
- Defensive specialist Sydney Moore logged in 286 digs, while outside hitter Taylor Arbogast tallied 268 digs.
- Middle hitter Laura Schrag led the squad during the regular season with 77 total blocks and placed fifth in the OAC.
- The Heidelberg squad ended the regular season ranked second in the conference in digs-per-set (19.16) and digs (1,820), fourth in total blocks (174), assists (1,144), assists-per-set (12.04), kills (1,226), and kills-per-set (12.91).