Oct 24, 2017
The Muskingum volleyball team spiked Wilmington in Ohio Athletic Conference action on Tuesday night, 3-0 (25-15, 25-14, 25-16).
- Muskingum now stands at 18-5 overall and 5-3 in the OAC.
- Wilmington is 4-20 overall, 0-8 in the OAC.
- The Muskies will hosts a tri-match in the Anne C. Steele Center on Senior Day this Saturday against OAC opponent John Carroll and non-conference opponent Denison. The matches on Saturday for MU are set to start at 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., respectively.
- Muskingum is now tied for fourth place in the OAC and are two games back from the top of the leader board. Otterbein, Ohio Northern, and Mount Union are tied for first place in the OAC with 7-1 records. The top four teams at the end of the regular season will host an OAC Tournament game.
- The Muskies have recorded 14 straight set victories on the season.
How It Happened
- Muskingum controlled the offense with a .258 hitting percentage in set one (25-15), took command in set two (25-14), and swept set three (25-16).
- Courtney Nestoff finished with a match-best 16 digs.
- Laura Hill contributed 12 digs and tossed in 20 assists for a season-high and team-best.
- Erin Dickson logged in 11 assists.
- Brynn Guist and Taylour Fatheree led the offense with seven kills each, while Guist finished the match with a team-best .545 hitting percentage.
- Brooke Fatheree dished out eight digs and added six kills to finish with a .400 hitting percentage.
- Kaitlin Goedde added six kills, two digs, and two blocks.