The Muskingum volleyball team picked up its second straight Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) victory on Tuesday night after dominating the court in straight sets at rival Marietta, 3-0 (25-20, 25-13, 25-15).
- Muskingum now stands at 14-3 overall, 2-1 in OAC.
- Marietta is 8-12 overall, 0-2 in OAC.
- The Muskies will take a break from conference play and head to Pennsylvania to take on Pitt.-Greensburg on Saturday, October 7. The match is set to start at 1:00 p.m.
- The Muskies have recorded 11 straight set victories this season.
- Muskingum is now 40-13 in their all-time series against Marietta.
- This is the third straight year that Muskingum has defeated Marietta.
- The team finished with a .337 hitting percentage, which is second best on the season.
How It Happened
- The Muskies held on to win set one (25-20), dominated set two (25-13), and conquered set three (25-15).
- Mackenzie O'Shea led the net attack with 10 kills and added five blocks. She registered a team-best .444 hitting percentage.
- Erin Dickson distributed 35 assists and tossed in two service aces.
- Brooke Fatheree tallied nine kills and supplied the defense with eight digs.
- Kayla Hall contributed seven kills.
- Taylour Fatheree notched seven kills, three digs, and three blocks.
- Courtney Nestoff led the defensive effort with 13 digs.
- Jordan Youngs chipped in nine digs.
Inside The Sets
- Muskingum and Marietta tied twice halfway through the first set, but the Muskies' line attack and defense held strong the rest of the set to secure the first win, 25-20
- The second set started out neck-and-neck, tying at 6-6 early on. Then MU's defense stepped up big time, allowing just seven points the remainder of the set to win set two, 25-13.
- Muskingum jumped out to a 21-9 lead in the third set to take control en route to securing the straight-set victory.