The Muskingum women's soccer team hosted Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) opponent Otterbein on Saturday afternoon. Muskingum battled hard in the first half to cut the deficit, 2-1, at intermission, but two second-half goals by Otterbein secured them the victory.
- Records: Muskingum (3-9 overall, 0-3 OAC), Otterbein (8-2-1 overall, 1-2 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – North Athletic Turf Field
How It Happened
- A penalty kick from Otterbein's Bella Shivley at the 15-minute marker gave the visitors the early 1-0 lead.
- Two minutes later, the Cardinals were back in Muskie territory as they notched their second goal.
- The Muskies cut the deficit in half at the 21-minute marker when the Cardinals defender tried clearing the ball away from the frame, but instead, the ball bounced off Ali Gilt and went straight to the back of the net.
- Otterbein went on to register two more goals in the second half at the 48th and 67th minute to collect its first OAC victory.
- Goalkeeper Katie Bodenmiller saw 90 minutes of action in the frame and grabbed a season-high 14 saves.
- Shivley led the Cardinals offense with two goals and one assist.
- Otterbein's goalkeeper's Katie Both and Erin Gordon split time in the frame, tallying 45 minutes of action each, while Both added two saves.
- Muskingum will continue conference play at home, as they welcome Capital to North Athletic Turf Field on Tuesday, October 10 for a 4:00 p.m. kick off.