The Muskingum women's soccer team tabbed three-second half goals, after trailing 1-0 at intermission, to defeat Bethany (W.V.), 3-1, at home on Saturday afternoon. During the Pink Game, the Muskies roughly raised over $500 that will be donated to a local cancer charity.
- Records: Muskingum (3-5 overall), Bethany (1-7 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Winning Streak: This was Muskingum's second straight home victory of the season.
How It Happened
- Bethany's Kadin Gould scored three minutes into the first half off a shot from the right side of the frame to lead 1-0.
- The Muskies shot eight times towards the goal in the first half, but could not connect, giving Bethany the 1-0 lead at intermission.
- For the second straight game, Tori Stuard tied the game at the 61st minute when she scored to the lower right side of the frame. Mary Double was credited with the assist.
- Forward Miranda Bishop gave the Muskies the 2-1 lead with 19 minutes remaining when Abigail Wagner sent a crisp pass to open the lane past the goalkeeper for Bishop to shoot at the lower right corner.
- Double registered the final goal of the game when she sneaked past the defender to drill a shot on the right corner of the frame, giving the Muskies the 3-1 victory.
- Sophomore Jasmine Love played 79 minutes in the frame and recorded four saves.
- Katie Bodenmiller notched 11 minutes in the frame and added one save.
- Muskingum finished the game with 18 shots, including seven shots on goal.
- Maria Concha collected four saves for the Bison's while playing 90 minutes in the goal.
- Muskingum will look to continue its winning streak on Tuesday, September 26 as they welcome Oberlin to the North Athletic Turf Field. The game is scheduled to start at 5:00 p.m.