The Muskingum women's soccer team celebrated its 21st Parents' Day celebration on Sunday against Chatham. The game marked the first contest played on the new North Athletic Turf Field and featured a ceremonial inaugural kickoff by Muskingum President Dr. Sue Hasseler.
- Result: Chatham 2, Muskingum 0
- Records: Muskingum (0-2 overall), Chatham (2-0 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
How It Happened
- Chatham struck first in the 40th minute on 1v1 goal by Julie Bruening. Victoria Vernail fed the ball that led to the strike.
- The Cougars extended their margin to 2-0 with a goal by Megan Sieg in the 48th minute. Bruening had the assist.
- Freshman Mary Double led the Muskies with two shots.
- Sophomore Jasmine Love and junior Heather Maxwell each played 45 minutes in frame and allowed one goal each.
- Ashley Bergman played all 90 minutes in frame to record a clean slate.
- Muskingum next hosts La Roche on Wednesday, September 6 at 5:00 p.m. The contest will be played at the North Athletic Turf Field.