Apr 14, 2018
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team fell at Ohio Athletic Conference opponent John Carroll, 23-2, on Saturday afternoon.
- Records: Muskingum (2-11 overall, 0-6 OAC), John Carroll (11-1 overall, 4-1 OAC)
- Location: University Heights, Ohio – Don Shula Stadium
Inside the Muskie Numbers
- John Carroll erupted for 15 first-half goals and continued the scoring spree in the second half to seal the OAC victory.
- Senior Kaeleigh Norvet led the Muskie offense by scoring two goals in the second half.
- Senior Paige Watterman dished out an assist on Norvet's second goal.
- Senior Sydni Uhrig grabbed two ground balls.
- Senior Ashley Adams, sophomore Dani Crisp, and freshman Hannah Bailey each collected a ground ball.
- Crisp, Uhrig, and senior LaShawnda Robinson each had one caused turnover.
- Senior Kate Shamel played 55 minutes in goal and accumulated 12 saves. She also finished with a team-high three ground balls.
- Freshman Cieanna Jones saw action in the final five minutes and made one save in the frame.
- Muskingum ended the contest with nine shots, eight ground balls, and three caused turnovers.
- Gina Vilsack led the Blue Streaks with eight goals, while Meghan Harte notched five goals and one assist.
- John Carroll finished the game with 42 shots, 16 ground balls, and eight caused turnovers.
- Muskingum will take a break from conference action and travel to Steubenville, Ohio to play Franciscan on Tuesday, April 17. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.