Apr 12, 2017
Muskingum junior Ashley Adams scored her 100th career goal on Wednesday night against Capital. However, the Crusders won the contest, 13-2.
- Records: Muskingum (6-8 overall, 2-3 OAC), Capital (8-2 overall, 3-1 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
- Weather: 63 degrees and beautiful
- Adams became the first player in program history to score 100 goals following her two-goal performance against Capital. She reached the milestone in her 43rd game at Muskingum.
- Muskingum and Capital remained scoreless for the opening 15 minutes of the game.
- Capital struck first at the 14:48 mark and added a second goal with 7:05 left in the half.
- Adams trimmed the Muskie deficit to 2-1 on a strike with 4:33 on the clock.
- Capital scored three goals in the final 1:31 to take a 5-1 lead into the break.
- Capital used an 8-1 surge in the second half to secure the win.
- Adams added her second tally of the contest at the 26:30 mark of the second frame.
Inside the Numbers
- As a team, Muskingum scored two goals on 13 shots.
- Junior Kate Shamel made 12 saves in 60 minutes of work.
- Junior Paige Watterman led the Muskies with three caused turnovers.
- The Crusaders scored 13 goals on 36 shots.
- Mary Manos led Capital with three goals on four shots.
- Korri Titus added one goal and two assists.
- Maddie Wilson played 52 minutes in frame and made five saves.
- Muskingum next hosts John Carroll for Senior Day on Friday, April 14. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m. in McConagha Stadium.