Mar 09, 2017
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team ended is spring trip with a 13-4 loss against Morrisville State on Thursday afternoon.
- Records: Muskingum (3-3 overall), Morrisville (1-1 overall)
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee - Mason Field
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead in the opening two minutes of play.
- Junior Kaeleigh Norvet scored first and junior Ashley Adams tallied the second strike.
- Morrisville responded with three straight goals over an eight-minute span to take a 3-2 lead.
- Norvet scored her second goal on a free position shot at the 14:09 mark to tie the contest.
- Morrisville scored the final three goals of the half to take a 6-3 lead into the break.
- Morrisville took control of the game early in the second frame with two goals to take an 8-3 lead.
- Junior Paige Watterman scored the final Muskie goal off an assist from junior Katie Megery with 24:06 left to play.
- Morrisville ended the outing with a 24-16 edge in shots and 33-26 tilt in ground balls.
- Gianna Branca and Celia Abbott led Morrisville with four goals each.
- Junior Katie Shamel played all 60 minutes in frame for the Muskies and made seven saves.
- Muskingum next hosts St. Vincent on Friday, March 16 at 6:00 p.m.