The Muskingum women's lacrosse team beat Hiram on a chilly Saturday afternoon, 13-5. The win propelled the Muskies to their best start in program history and secured Muskingum's first-ever three-game winning streak.
- Records: Muskingum (3-1 overall), Hiram (0-1 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
Inside the Muskie Numbers
- Senior Julie Kelley led the Muskies with a career-best five goal output on just nine shots.
- Junior Paige Watterman added a career-high four-goal, two-assist performance to aid the Muskie onslaught.
- Junior Ashley Adams scored two goals.
- Junior Katie Megery had one goal and one assist, while sophomore Kaeleigh Norvet had one goal and two assists.
- Junior Kate Shamel garnered the win in frame after registering six saves in 60 minutes of work.
- Muskingum scored nine unanswered goals over a 29-minute span to take control of the contest. The surge helped Muskingum erase an early 1-0 deficit and gave the Muskies a 9-1 lead early in the second half.
- The Muskies scored 13 goals on 36 shots.
Inside the Hiram Numbers
- Autumn Osgood led the Terriers with three goals on seven shots.
- Alexis Hirsch added two goals.
- Hiram ended the outing with 21 shots.
- Rachel Metcalf played every minute in frame and allowed 13 goals and recorded 10 saves.
- The contest was the season-opener for Hiram
- Muskingum next plays at Rhodes on Monday, March 6. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.