Mar 01, 2017
The Muskingum women's lacrosse team scored a goal with 24 seconds remaining in regulation to defeat Franciscan on Wednesday afternoon at McConagha Stadium.
- Records: Muskingum (2-1 overall), Franciscan (0-2 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - McConagha Stadium
Inside the Numbers
- Muskingum netted seven first-half goals en route to the 7-3 halftime advantage.
- Franciscan continued to battle netting three goals over a four-minute span to cut the lead to 7-6 with 25:06 remaining.
- Junior Kaeleigh Norvet led the offense late in the second half as she scored back-to-back goals extending the Muskie lead, 10-6.
- Muskingum watched its lead dissipate as the Barons scored six goals in the final 15 minutes to tie the contest at 12-12.
- With 24 seconds remaining, junior Ashley Adams delivered the game-winning tally to lift the Muskies past Franciscan.
- Junior Katie Megery, Norvet and Adams led the way for Muskingum netting a team-high three goals each.
- Junior Paige Watterman finished the contest with two goals and one assist.
- Junior Kate Shamel garnered the win in frame recording 12 saves.
- As a team, Muskingum fired off 31 shots and tallied 31 ground balls.
- Franciscan was led by Elizabeth Dawyot with a game-high five goals.
- The Barons finished with 37 shots and 23 ground balls.
- Brittany Bain took the loss in goal after allowing 13 goals and making 12 saves.
- Muskingum returns to action Saturday, March 4 when they host Hiram. Game time is set for 1:00 p.m.