Nov 28, 2018
The Muskingum women's basketball team secured a season-high 71 points en route to a 71-61 victory over the Wooster Fighting Scots.
- Records: Muskingum (1-5 overall), Wooster (3-2 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
Inside the Numbers
- Junior Devyn Bonner and sophomore Emily Yeager each ended the outing with a double-double. Bonner secured 22 points and 10 rebounds, while Yeager locked in 19 points and 12 rebounds.
- Sophomores Sam Filiaggi and Kacie Leppla notched eight rebounds each.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 21-of-62 (33.9%) from the field, which included hitting 6-of-21 (28.6%) from behind the arc.
- Maria Janasko guided the Fighting Scots with 17 points.
- The Fighting Scots had three players who scored double-digit points.
- Wooster went 23-of-68 (33.8%) from the field and 12-of-18 (66.7%) at the free throw line.
- Early in the first quarter, the Muskies and Scots battled side-by-side with neither team claiming more than a three-point lead. Wooster locked in back-to-back points to put them ahead 15-9 with 1:38 remaining on the clock. A jump shot made by Bonner trimmed the deficit to 15-13 for the Muskies. In the second quarter, the contest remained tight until Muskingum tallied on a ferocious 11-0 run to slide past Wooster with a score of 25-19. Wooster chipped away at the differential but the Muskies were able to fend them off. The score read 32-28 going into the half.
- In the third quarter, the Muskies notched six points in a row to advance past the Scots with a score of 43-34. Freshman Raiyah Johnson made a basket to expand the gap to 52-42 for the Muskies. In the fourth quarter, Muskingum and Wooster each logged 19 points, with the Scots never getting closer than seven points.
- The Muskies next travel to Berea, Ohio on Saturday, December 1, to battle the Baldwin Wallace Yellow Jackets at 3:00 p.m. The contest marks the start of conference play for the Muskies.