The Muskingum women's basketball team ended their season with an 81-53 victory at Heidelberg on Saturday afternoon.
- Records: Muskingum (7-18 overall, 3-15 Ohio Athletic Conference), Heidelberg (4-21 overall, 2-16 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: Tiffin, Ohio – Seiberling Gymnasium
Inside the Numbers
- Three Muskies scored in double-digits.
- Senior Olivia Besancon led the Muskies with 24 points on 9-of-18 shooting. She also added a team-high seven rebounds, three assists, and two steals. Besancon registered a career total of 1,158 points, which ranks 13th overall in scoring in Muskingum history. Earlier this season, she became the 21st Muskingum women's basketball player to reach 1,000 career points after collecting seven at Mount Union.
- Senior Stephanie Clark posted a career-high 17 points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Senior Caitlyn Smith accrued 16 points, five rebounds, and four assists.
- Senior Alexandra Carson chipped in nine points, six rebounds, five assists, and a season-high five steals.
- The Muskies shot a season-high .457 (32-of-70) from the floor, made 12 three-pointers, and held the 49-38 edge in rebounds.
- The Muskies finished ninth in the league standings.
- Megan Siesel led the Student Princes offense with 13 points.
- Heidelberg ended the game shooting .302 (19-of-63) from the field and made .565 (13-for-23) at the free throw line.
Muskingum started the game red hot as they took a commanding 17-0 run, which included draining four trey's, with 4:50 left in the first quarter. The Muskies finished the frame shooting .611 from the field to hold a 29-14 advantage. The Student Princes outscored the Muskies 17-11 in the third, but Muskingum still held on to the 40-31 lead at intermission.
The Student Princes started the third quarter by sparking a 12-7 run to get within four at the 4:49 marker. From there, Muskingum scored 10 straight points to end the frame with a 57-43 lead. The Muskies dominated the fourth quarter by outscoring the Student Princes 24-10 and shooting .556 from the field to secure the victory.