The Muskingum women's basketball team stumbled at rival Marietta on Wednesday night, 74-51.
- Records: Muskingum (6-18 overall, 2-15 Ohio Athletic Conference), Marietta (21-3 overall, 14-3 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: Marietta, Ohio – Ban Johnson Arena
Inside the Numbers
- Alexandra Carson tallied eight points, two rebounds, and two assists.
- Olivia Besancon and Stephanie Clark each collected six points and five rebounds.
- Schyler Fennimore, Morgan Gossett, Gabbi Blair, and Alivia Bates each grabbed four rebounds.
- The Muskies shot .305 (18-of-59) from the floor, made six three-pointers, and held the 44-38 edge in rebounds.
- Shay Lett led the Pioneers offense with 10 points.
- Marietta concluded the contest shooting .469 (30-of-64) from the field and made six three-pointers.
The Muskies and Pioneers started the first quarter trading baskets, but Marietta's 16-4 outburst in the final seven minutes put them at a 22-11 advantage at the end of the frame. The Pioneers continued to pour out the points as they outscored the Muskies 21-4 in the second quarter to hold a commanding 43-15 lead at the half. Marietta shot .514 from the field and .444 from the arc in the first half.
Muskingum knocked down four trey's in the third quarter, but the Pioneers continued to dominate on the offensive end as they stretched their lead to 64-32 en route to the win.
- Muskingum will finish the regular season at Heidelberg on Saturday, February 17. Game time is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.