The Muskingum women's basketball team will welcome Ohio Athletic Conference opponents Mount Union on Wednesday, February 7 and Otterbein on Saturday, February 10 to the Anne C. Steele Center. The games are scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., respectively. The game on Saturday against Otterbein will be Muskingum's Senior Day.
Game 1: Muskingum vs Mount Union- 7:30 p.m. (Live Stats/Video/Audio: fightingmuskies.com).
Game 2: Muskingum vs Otterbein- 3:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video/Audio: fightingmuskies.com).
Records: Muskingum 6-15 overall, 2-12 OAC; Mount Union 11-10 overall, 8-6 OAC; Otterbein 13-8 overall, 9-5 OAC.
- The Muskingum women's basketball team was defeated, 70-36, at NCAA Division III #15 Ohio Northern on Saturday afternoon. Olivia Besancon led the Muskies offense with 12 points and six rebounds.
- Olivia Besancon is first on the team and second in the OAC in points per game (16.7). Besancon's season/career-high this season is 36 points in Muskingum's thrilling triple overtime win against John Carroll on December 2, 2017.
- In the league, Carson is seventh in assists per game (2.8) and eighth in points per game (13.0).
- Stephanie Clark is seventh in the conference in rebounds per game (7.6). She has grabbed double-digit rebounds in eight games so far this season.
- In the OAC, Besancon is ranked first (.897) and Carson is fifth (.828) in free throw percentage.
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are first in free throw percentage (.781), tied for second in blocks per game (3.2), and fifth in rebounds per game (40.1) in the league. Muskingum is ranked sixth in Division III in free throw percentage.
- Earlier this season, Muskingum lost at Mount Union, 62-43, and beat Otterbein on the road, 61-49.
- On Saturday, Mount Union lost at home to Capital, 67-58.
- The Raiders are tied for fourth in the league standings with an 8-6 record.
- Junior Rachel Tinkey is leading the team in points per game (12.2), while ranked 10th in the OAC. Her season-high is 22 points in the 80-65 win against Otterbein.
- Junior Anna Alkire is third in the league in assists per game, dishing out 3.8.
- Junior Jaime Sanborn leads the team in rebounds per game (5.9). Her career/season-high is 16 rebounds in the Raiders 58-55 victory against Capital.
- The Raiders are first in the conference in assists per game (17.5), third in scoring offense (67.9 points per game), fourth in rebounds per game (40.8), fifth in three-point percentage (.315) and field goal percentage (.405).
- On Saturday, Otterbein beat Baldwin Wallace at home, 52-48. The Cardinals are on a six game winning streak.
- The Cardinals are third in the OAC standings with a 9-5 record.
- Senior Kiersten Taylor is tied for fourth in the conference in point per game, averaging 14.6. Her season-high is 23 points, which she achieved twice, once in the Cardinals 63-60 win at Maryville and once in the team's 62-60 win at Capital.
- Sophomore Abbie Scholz is grabbing 7.7 rebounds per game, which is sixth best in the league. Her season-high is 12 rebounds in the Cardinals 84-62 victory against Case Western Reserve.
- Junior Ali Cartnal is dishing out 3.2 assists per game, which is fifth best in the OAC.
- As a team, Otterbein is second in free throw percentage (.762), third in assists per game (14.9), fifth in scoring offense (65.7 points per game) and steals per game (7.9) in the OAC.