The Muskingum women's basketball team was defeated, 70-36, at NCAA Division III #15 Ohio Northern on Saturday afternoon.
- Records: Muskingum (6-15 overall, 2-12 Ohio Athletic Conference), Ohio Northern (19-2 overall, 13-1 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: Ada, Ohio – ONU Sports Center
Inside the Numbers
- Olivia Besancon led the Muskies with 12 points and six rebounds.
- Alexandra Carson netted nine points.
- Alivia Bates chipped in seven points.
- Stephanie Clark snagged a team-high 11 rebounds.
- The Muskies shot .233 (14-of-60) from the floor and made five three-pointers.
- Amy Bullimore poured out 17 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Polar Bears offense.
- Ohio Northern ended the game shooting .424 (28-of-66) from the field and made six three-pointers.
At the end of the first quarter, Ohio Northern took the 18-7 advantage after shooting .474 from the field. The Polar Bears continued to pour on the points in the second quarter as they led 35-14 at intermission.
The Muskies went on to outscore the Polar Bears 14-13 in the third quarter. However, the Polar Bears dominance of scoring 22 points in the fourth quarter put them en route to winning the contest.
- The Muskies will return to action on Wednesday, February 7 as they welcome Mount Union to the Anne C. Steele Center. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.