The Muskingum women's basketball team fell, 65-47, at John Carroll on Saturday evening.
- Records: Muskingum (6-13 overall, 2-10 Ohio Athletic Conference), John Carroll (5-14 overall, 3-9 Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Location: University Heights, Ohio – DeCarlo Center
Inside the Numbers
- Alexandra Carson led the Muskies with 13 points and tied a season-high eight rebounds. She also added four assists and two steals.
- Caitlyn Smith netted eight points and two assists.
- Olivia Besancon tallied seven points and five rebounds.
- The Muskies shot .302 (16-of-53) from the floor and made seven three-pointers.
- Nicole Heffington paced the Blue Streaks offense with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- Chelbi Graham chipped in 10 points and 13 rebounds.
- Capital concluded the contest shooting .371 (23-of-62) from the field and .600 (15-of-25) from the free throw line.
The Muskies scored five points in the first 50 seconds to take an early 5-0 lead in the first quarter. The Blue Streaks then responded right back as they scored eight straight points to take the 13-7 advantage with 3:16 left in the first. John Carroll went on to hold the lead at the end of the first quarter, 17-13. In the second quarter, Muskingum outscored John Carroll, 12-9, but were down by one, 26-25, at the half.
The Blue Streaks came out of the locker room with the hot hands as they outscored the Muskies 25-8 in the third quarter. John Carroll shot .500 from the field to lead 51-33 at the end of the third. Muskingum's offense wasn't able to get anything rolling in the second half as John Carroll sealed the victory.
- Muskingum returns to action on Wednesday, January 31 as they welcome Wilmington to the Anne C. Steele Center. Game time is set for 7:30 PM. The Muskies will also be holding their annual Pink Game.