The Muskingum women's basketball team will welcome Ohio Athletic Conference opponent Capital to the Anne C. Steele Center on Wednesday, January 24 and travel to John Carroll on Saturday, January 27. The games are scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., respectively.
Game 1: Muskingum vs Capital- 7:30 p.m. (Live Stats/Video/Audio: fightingmuskies.com).
Game 2: Muskingum at John Carroll- 3:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video: jcusports.com).
Records: Muskingum 6-11 overall, 2-8 OAC; Capital 8-9 overall, 4-6 OAC; John Carroll 4-13 overall, 2-8 OAC.
Hitting 1K vs. Mount Union: Senior Olivia Besancon became the 21st Muskingum women's basketball player to reach 1,000 career points after collecting seven at Mount Union. She achieved the milestone in her 91st game, while averaging 11.0 points per game.
- The Muskingum University women's basketball team fell, 62-43, at Mount Union Wednesday night. Emily Yeager led the Muskies offense with 14 points. On Saturday afternoon, Muskingum rallied from 13 points down in the fourth quarter, but ultimately fell short at Baldwin Wallace, 90-83. Besancon exploded with 32 points, on 6-of-11 shooting from the arc. She also went a perfect 8-for-8 at the free throw line, while adding a team-best five rebounds, three assists, and two steals.
- The Muskies are tied for eighth in the OAC standings with a 2-8 record.
- Besancon is first on the team and in the OAC in points per game (17.7).
- In the league, Alexandra Carson is tied for seventh in assists per game (3.0) and ninth in points per game (12.5).
- Stephanie Clark is seventh in the conference in rebounds per game (7.7). Her season-high is 16 rebounds in Muskingum's 67-60 victory over Eureka.
- In the OAC, the Muskies have three players ranked in the top 10 in free throw percentage: Besancon is ranked first (.889), Caitlyn Smith is seventh (.822), and Carson is eighth (.820).
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are first in free throw percentage (.791), second in blocks per game (3.2), and fifth in rebounds per game (41.4) in the OAC. Muskingum is ranked second in Division III in free throw percentage.
- Earlier this season, Muskingum lost at Capital, 63-56, while defeating John Carroll in a thrilling triple overtime contest, 103-97, in the Anne C. Steele Center.
- On Saturday, Capital lost at Otterbein, 69-54.
- The Crusaders are tied for sixth in the league standings with a 4-6 record.
- Freshman Elle Folan is leading the team in points per game (10.9), while junior Erin Risner is second in points per game (10.1).
- Sophomore Regan Stonerock is sixth in the conference in rebounds per game (7.8).
- Freshman Caroline Taphorn is tossing 2.6 assists per game to lead the squad.
- The Crusaders are fourth in the conference in steals per game (7.5) and three-point percentage (.332).
- On Saturday, John Carroll fell on the road to Marietta, 90-54.
- The Blue Streaks are tied for eighth in the OAC standings with a 2-8 record.
- In the conference, freshman Nicole Heffington is ranked third in points per game (14.9) and fifth in rebounds per game (7.9).
- Junior Kahrin Spear is dishing out 3.9 assists per game, which is tied for second best in the OAC.
- As a team, John Carroll is second in the OAC in steals per game (9.1).