The Muskingum women's basketball team will visit Mount Union on Wednesday, January 17 and Baldwin Wallace on Saturday, January 20. The games are slated for 7:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m., respectively.
Game 1: Muskingum at Mount Union- 7:30 p.m. (Live Stats/Video: athletics.mountunion.edu).
Game 2: Muskingum at Baldwin Wallace- 2:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video/Audio: bwyellowjackets.com).
Records: Muskingum 6-9 overall, 2-6 OAC; Mount Union 7-8 overall, 4-4 OAC; Baldwin Wallace 9-6 overall, 5-3 OAC.
Closing In On 1K: After a 20-point performance against Ohio Northern on Saturday, senior Olivia Besancon is only five points shy of becoming the 21st Muskie to score 1,000 career points.
- The Muskingum University women's basketball team played a hard-fought contest against the 10th-ranked Ohio Northern, but a 24-13 outpour by the Polar Bears in the fourth quarter pushed them to the 73-66 victory on Saturday. Alexandra Carson led the Muskies with 22 points, finished with a career-high eight assists, while adding five rebounds and two steals.
- The Muskies are eighth in the OAC standings with a 2-6 record.
- Besancon is first on the team and in the OAC in points per game (17.5).
- Carson is seventh in assists per game (3.1) and eighth in points per game (12.8) in the league.
- Stephanie Clark is fifth in the conference in rebounds per game (8.1). Clark has grabbed 11 plus rebounds in five of the last eight games.
- In the OAC, the Muskies have three players ranked in the top 10 in free throw percentage: Besancon is ranked first (.889), Carson is sixth (.833), and Caitlyn Smith is eighth (.805).
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are first in free throw percentage (.796), second in blocks per game (3.3), and third in rebounds per game (42.2) in the OAC. Muskingum is ranked third in Division III in free throw percentage.
- Muskingum at Mount Union contest on Wednesday will be the first meeting this season, while on December 9, 2017, Muskingum fell to Baldwin Wallace at home, 66-55.
- Mount Union beat Capital on the road, 58-55, on Saturday.
- The Raiders are fifth in the league standings with a 4-4 record.
- Senior Casey Morrissette is averaging 12.2 points per game, 10th best in the conference, while junior Rachel Tinkey is tallying 11.8 points per game, which ranks her 11th in the league.
- Junior Jaime Sanborn is averaging 6.5 rebounds per game to lead the team.
- Junior Anna Alkire is tossing 3.2 assists per game
- The Raiders are first in the conference in assists per game (17.1), fourth in blocks per game (3.2), steals per game (7.7), and rebounds per game (41.6).
- On Saturday, Baldwin Wallace defeated Otterbein at home, 87-63. They have won three of their last four games.
- The Yellow Jackets are third in the OAC standings with a 5-3 record.
- Junior Hannah Fecht is averaging 10.7 points per game and 5.9 rebounds per game to lead the team.
- Sophomore Riley Schill is dishing out 3.7 assists per game which is second best in the OAC.
- In the OAC, senior Katie Smith is first in three point percentage (.500).
- As a team, Baldwin Wallace is first in the OAC in three-point percentage (.356), blocks per game (3.6), third in steals per game (8.2), fourth in assists per game (14.7) and field goal percentage (.408).