The Muskingum women's basketball team will face a pair of non-conference opponents this week as they travel to Wooster on Tuesday, December 19, and host Eureka on Friday, December 22. The games are set to start at 7:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m., respectively.
Game 1: Muskingum at Wooster – 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video: woosterathletics.com).
Game 2: Muskingum vs Eureka- 1:00 p.m. (Live Stats: fightingmuskies.com).
Records: Muskingum 3-4 overall, 2-2 OAC; Wooster 2-7 overall, 0-4 North Coast Athletic Conference; Eureka 6-4 overall, 3-1 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
- The Muskingum women's basketball team spurted 22 points in the third quarter en route to claiming their second Ohio Athletic Conference victory at Otterbein on Saturday evening, 61-49. Olivia Besancon led all scorers with 20 points, hitting 4-of-9 from the field, 2-of-6 from the arc, and 10-of-11 from the free throw line. She also grabbed eight rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
- Besancon is first on the team and in the OAC in points per game (17.9), while she is seventh in the conference in rebounds per game (7.1).
- Carson is first on the team in assists per game (2.9) and second in points per game (11.1).
- Parkman is fifth in the league in rebounds per game (7.7).
- In the OAC, the Muskies have four players ranked in the top 10 in free throw percentage: Carson is ranked first (.909), Besancon is second (.907), Caitlyn Smith is seventh (.810), and Emily Yeager is eighth (.800).
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are first in rebounds per game (.430) and free throw percentage (.829), and fifth in steals per game (7.6) in the OAC.
- Last season, the Muskies beat Wooster on the road, 70-68.
- The matchup between Muskingum and Eureka will be the first meeting between the two schools in program history.
- On Saturday, Wooster lost, 72-49, against Denison.
- After starting the season 2-0, the Fighting Scots have since lost their last seven games.
- Anna Gibbs leads the squad in points per game (9.9) and assists per game (4.6), while ranked 14th and first, respectively, in the NCAC.
- Maria Janasko is grasping 6.0 rebounds per game to lead the team.
- The blocking duo of Erica Roberts and Sarah Rapacz have each tallied nine and eight total blocks, respectively, this season.
- The Fighting Scots are making 34.6% of their shots from the field, 23.3% from the arc, 57.5% from the free throw line, and averaging 36.4 rebounds per game.
- Eureka won its third game in a row on Saturday as they took down Webster at home, 79-68.
- Four Red Devils are averaging double-digit scoring: Hayley Reneau (24.3), Ashley Harfst (12.0), Kennedy Dura (11.8), and Samantha Sarnes (10.5).
- Reneau is averaging a whopping 24.3 points per game on 48.4% shooting (90-of-186), which ranks her first in DIII and in the SLIAC.
- Kerrigan Dura is fourth in the SLIAC in rebounds per game (8.6).
- Kennedy Dura is second in DIII in assists per game, dishing out 7.9.
- The Red Devils are averaging 80 points per game, 14th best in DIII, while making 42.8% of their shots from the field, 36.3% from the arc, and 69.0% from the free throw line. In addition, the team averages 21.7 assists per game, the highest in DIII, 42.8 rebounds per game and 12.5 steals per game.